You are here: Home / Trekking / Trekking Cedros Alpamayo circuit
Cedros Alpamayo – Pomabamba Circuit 08 Days
- Duration: 08D/07N
- Altitud: 4,200m a 5,000m
- Route: Cedros Alpamayo Pomabamba Circuit
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Season:April – October
offers some of the most diverse possibilities to do trekking and escalation in the world. It has fantastic paths and landscapes, innumerable trails along valleys, that reach some Passes up to 4700 m, like Cullicocha, Vientunan, Willca, and others. The area is well known for impressive mountains, lagoons, rivers, waterfalls, and its flora and fauna.
Along this trail, we will see Alpamayo (5947 m) – the most beautiful mountain in the world.
Lima – Huaraz ( A Bus transfer, Travel duration around 8 hours or 50 minutes Flight from Lima
Huaraz - Aclimatizzation Churup lake
This is a very good hike for acclimatizing. From Huaraz we go by car to the village of Pitec. On the way we pass several picturesque villages, such as Unchus and Llupa.
At 3850 meter we start our easy hike up to Lake Churup with its blue colors sitting at an altitude of 4440 m underneath snow-capped Churup mountain (5495). The last 100 meter before arriving to the lake involves some scrambling over steep rocks. And then come back to Huaraz for the same way.
- Day 01: Huaraz – Hualcayan 2900 m – Wishcash
After an early breakfast, we will transfer from Huaraz to Hualcayan. There, our carriers will be waiting for us and will take our luggage. We will ascent on a zigzag trail to Wishcash camping (3700 m).
Duration: approx. 4 – 5 hrs.
- Day 02: Wishcash – Cullicocha Pass 4850 m – Vientunan Pass 4600 m – Ruinapampa
After breakfast, we will go to Cullicocha Lagoon (4400 m), an impressive place with a view to Santa Cruz. We will cross Cullicocha Pass (4850 m), also known as Los Cedros, admiring the lagoons and mountains. After a short descent, we will ascent to the second pass – Vientunan. We will continue walking to Alpamayo Valley, to Ruinapampa camping 4100 m
- Day 03: Ruinapampa – Jancarurish (4200 m)
In this day, we will start the trail through the beautiful Alpamayo valley. Meanwhile, we will observe some antique stone constructions and ruins. Also, we will get to see the South-Eastern part of Alpamayo – the pyramidal face.
Duration: approx. 3 – 4 hrs.
- Day 04: Resting day (visit to Alpamayo view point)
We will visit the Alpamayo Base Camp and the Alpamayo view point.
- Day 05: Jancarurish – Caracara Pass 4700 m – Safuna 4250 m
After breakfast, we will cross the river. During our trail, we will always have a view on Alpamayo. We will ascend to Caracara Pass (4700 m), and then we will descent through Moyobamba Valley, down to our next camping place – Safuna.
- Day 06: Safuna – Paso Willca 4500 m – Jancapampa 3400 m
We will start the day by ascending to Willka Pass (4500 m). There, we will have beautiful panoramic views to Pucajirca mountain. We will descent to Jancapampa camping, where we will meet Andine Quechua people.
- Day 07: Jancapampa – Pomabamba
After breakfast, we will descent through Jancapampa village, where we will see the typical Andine houses of Quechua people. Our trail will finish at Pomabamba.
- Day 08: Pomabamba – Portachuelo Pass 4800 m / Llanganuco – Huaraz
After breakfast, we will take our private transport towards Huaraz. On the way, we will pass by some small villages till getting to Portachuelo Pass (4800 m). From there, we will enjoy the incredible views on Huascaran, Huandoy, Chacraraju, Pisco, Chopicalqui mountains and the Llanganuco lagoon.
- Tour of Acclimatization
- Peruvian Local Guide
- Specialised cook
- First-Aid kit
- Private transportation Huaraz / according to the program / Huaraz
- Complete meals during the trekking program
- Entrance fee of National Park Huascaran
- Donkey Driver
- Cooking equipment
- Collective technical equipment
- Toilette tent / for 2 Persons
- Transfer airport/hotel/airport – Lima
- Nights Hotel in Lima / Double room with breakfast included
- Transfer/bus station/Hotel – Lima
- Bus ticket Huaraz / Lima, executive service in public bus-Movil Tours or Cruz del Sur
- Transfer hotel / busstation – Huaraz in Hotel
- Hotel in Huaraz, according to the program (3 nights). Double room with breakfast included
- Horse (in case of emergency, for trekking)
- Tour of the city
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Food and drink in Lima and Huaraz
- Personal equipment (tent, sleeping bag, backpack, harness, hiking pants, mountain jacket (goretex), hiking shoes, matraz, suitable clothing, personal medicine, crampons, ice axe, sunglasses, etc.)
Prices & Dates
Season:April - October
Dates & Prices:
Off-Price: 000,00 - 000,00 USD from 04 pax, per person
From / To
12.04 - 19.04.2018
Photo and Video