You are here: Home / Trekking / Expedition Nevado Huascaran
Expedition Nevado Huascaran
- Duration: 06 day
- Altitud: 6768msnm
- Route: Huaraz - musho - Summit Huascaran - Huaraz.
- Dificult: Dificil
- Season: june - august.
The Huascaran is located in the Yungay province, Ancash department at about 70 km from Huaraz, department capital. At 6768m, it is the highest tropical Mountain in Peru, and is surrounded by peaks reaching over 5000m of height in the Cordillera Blanca sector.
The Cordillera Blanca is a snowy mountain range that is 140 km long and part of the Huascaran National Park (340000 hectares).
Day 01: Huaraz - Musho - Base Camp (4250m)
From Huaraz we will drive to a village called Musho, where we will start our hike, first going through a forest of eucalyptus trees, until we get to base camp. We will also have donkeys and donkey drivers with us during this hike. Approx. 4 to 5 hours.
Day 02: Base Camp - high Camp 1(5260m)
This day we will begin our hike by crossing a large granite moraine until reaching a wide glacier, where we will get to 5260m and set up camp for the night. Approx. 5 to 6 hours.
Day 03: High Camp 1 - High Camp 2 o Garganta (5900m)
The hike to Camp 2 will start early in order to avoid the crossing seracs after the couloir. This is an easy trail of approx. 4 hours.
Day 04: High Camp 2 - Summit(6768m)- High Camp 2
The hike will start at 1 am, taking a zigzag trail in order to avoid the crevices. Afterwards, we will climb narrow passages of 50 to 60° inclination. After climbing all of them, we will reach a wide glacier where we will carry on zigzagging until we reach the top. From the top, you will be able to appreciate the mountain range of the Cordillera Blanca. Then we will go down to Camp 2 to spend the night. Approx 6 to 7 hours.
Day 05: High Camp 2 - High Base Camp
We will take the same route as before to reach Base Camp (4250m). Approx. 4 to 5 hours.
Day 06: Base Camp – Musho - Huaraz.
We will go down to the village of Musho where our vehicle back to Huaraz will be waiting. 3 hours walk + 2.5hrs transport.
- Entrance fee to the Huascarán National Park, US$25.00 per person
- Transfer hotel/busstation – Huaraz in Hotel
- Peruvian Local Guide
- Cook (s)
- Porter (for climbing part)
- Private transportation Huaraz/according to the program/Huaraz
- Complete meals during the trek program and climbing program
- Kitchen/dinning tent
- Cooking equipment
- Collective technical equipment
- Toilette tent
- Tents for 2 Person
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Transfer/bus station/Hotel – Lima
- Transfer airport/hotel/airport – Lima
- Nights Hotel in Lima / Double room with breakfast included
- City touring Lima
- Hotel In Huaraz,according to the program 2 nights. Double room with breakfast included
- Bus ticket Huaraz/Lima, executive service in public bus-Movil Tours or Cruz del Sur
- Horse(in case of emergency,for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Donkey drivers
- Personal Spending
- Personal camping and climbing equipment (sleeping bag, climbing boots, crampons, ice axe, gaiters, harness, snow glasses, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
Summit of Nev. Huascaran
2018 Andean Peaks S.A.C.
All Rights Reserved | Site by INDEX.pe