You are here: Home / Trekking / Expedition Nevado Huascaran
Expedition Nevado Huascaran shield
- Duration: 05 day
- Altitud: 6768msnm
- Route: Huaraz - musho - Summit Huascaran - Huaraz.
- Dificult: Dificil
- Season: june - august.
It is located in the Yungay province, north east of Huaraz. The whole wall is made of blue ice and it is recommended to have good crampons and ice axes. From the top you can appreciate some great views of the Cordillera Blanca.
Day 01: Huaraz - Musho - Base Camp (4250m)
From Huaraz we will drive to a village called Musho, where we will start our hike, first going through a forest of eucalyptus trees, until we get to base camp. We will also have donkeys and donkey drivers with us during this hike. Approx. 4 to 5 hours.
Day 02: Base Camp - high Camp 1 (5250 m)or Camp at the bottom of the shield (5900m)
On that day we will begin our hike by going through a huge granite moraine until reaching a wide glacier, where we will get to 5260m and set up camp for the night. Approx. 5 to 6 hours.
Day 03: High Camp - Summit Huascaran (6768 m) - High Camp)
We will begin the hike up in the middle of the night, climbing the 400m wall with a 55° to 65° inclination. Then, we will walk along a ridge until we reach our goal, where we will have a spectacular view. Later we will go down using the normal route, with two rappels on different sides until reaching Camp 2 where we will spend the night. Approx. 6 to 7 hours.
Day 04: High Camp - Base Camp
We will use the same Normal route as before to Base Camp (4250m). Approx. 4 to 5 hours.
Day 05: Base Camp - Musho - Huaraz
We will go down to the village of Musho where our vehicle back to Huaraz will be waiting for us. 3 hour walk, 2h ½ of transport.
- Entrance fee to the Huascarán National Park, US$25.00 per person
- Transfer hotel/busstation – Huaraz in Hotel
- Peruvian Local Guide
- Cook (s)
- Porter (for climbing part)
- Private transportation Huaraz/according to the program/Huaraz
- Complete meals during the trek program and climbing program
- Kitchen/dinning tent
- Cooking equipment
- Collective technical equipment
- Toilette tent
- Tents for 2 Person
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Transfer/bus station/Hotel – Lima
- Transfer airport/hotel/airport – Lima
- Nights Hotel in Lima / Double room with breakfast included
- City touring Lima
- Hotel In Huaraz,according to the program 2 nights. Double room with breakfast included
- Bus ticket Huaraz/Lima, executive service in public bus-Movil Tours or Cruz del Sur
- Horse(in case of emergency,for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Donkey drivers
- Personal Spending
- Personal camping and climbing equipment (sleeping bag, climbing boots, crampons, ice axe, gaiters, harness, snow glasses, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
Summit of Nev. Huascaran
2018 Andean Peaks S.A.C.
All Rights Reserved | Site by INDEX.pe