You are here: Home / Trekking / Expedition Tocllaraju
Expedition Ranrapalca (04 Days)
- Duration: 04 days
- Dificult: Difficult
- Artesonraju: 6162 msnm
- Season:June - August
Located North East of Huaraz, its name comes from the Quechua language. Ranra means “rock” while Palca stands for “branch shaped”. Its normal route is via the North East face, with its rocky sections. There are spectacular views from the top, of the Cordillera Blanca as well as the Cordillera Negra.
Lima – Huaraz ( A Bus transfer, Travel duration around 8 hours or 50 minutes Flight from Lima
- Day 01: Huaraz – Base Camp Ishinca 4350 m
From Huaraz, we will drive to Cochapamapa where our donkey driver will be waiting. There we will begin our walk through a forest of Quenuales until Base Camp. Approx. 4 hours.
- Day 02:Base camp – High Camp 5200 m
On the second day we will take the route to the Ishinca Glacier, using a zigzag trail to the col (mountain pass) located between the Ranrapalca and Ishinca glaciers. We will set up camp there. Approx. 4 hours.
- Day 03: High Camp – Summit 6162 m – Base Camp
We will start the hike at 1 am. The first part will be a walk and the we will star to climb. 500 m wall which we will climb. At the top, we will have a great panoramic view. Then, we will go back down to base camp.
- Day 04: Base camp – Huaraz
On the last day, we will have an easy walk to Cochapampa and will go back to Huaraz in our vehicle. Approx. 3h1/2.
- Tour of Aclimatizzation
- Peruvian Mountain Guide (UIAGM / AGMP)
- Specialised cook
- Entrance to the Huascaran national park.
- First-Aid kit
- Private transport between Huaraz / start and end of trek.
- Complete meals during the trekking program
- Donkey driver
- Kitchen / dinning tent.
- Collective technical equipment
- Camping equipment
- Tent for 2 Person
- Toilette tent
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Pick-up from the station and transfer to the Hotel reserved for you in Huaraz.
- Transfers from the airport / hotel / airport - Lima
- Hotel accommodation in Lima.
- Tour of the city
- Transfer from the station to the hotel / station / hotel - Lima
- Bus ticket Huaraz / Lima,
- Hotel accommodation in accordance with tour program.
- Food and drink in Lima and Huaraz
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Personal Spending
- Personal equipment (tent, sleeping bag, backpack, harness, hiking pants, mountain jacket (goretex), hiking shoes, matraz, suitable clothing, personal medicine, crampons, ice axe, sunglasses, etc.)
Prices & Dates
Season:June - August
Dates & Prices:
From / To
00.00 - 00.00.2018
2 pax: ? per person
Photo and Video