You are here: Home / Trekking / Expedition Artesonraju
Expedition Artesonraju (4 Days)
The Artesonraju (Paramount)
- Duration: 04 days
- Dificult: Difficult
- Artesonraju: 6025msnm
- Season:June - August
is one of the most beautiful mountains of the Cordillera de los Andes. This beautiful icy pyramid is located in the Peruvian Cordillera Blanca, between the gorges of Santa Cruz in the north and of Paron in the South. Nowadays, it has become quite popular, especially for its two main trails. The first is the northern one, accessible from the gorge of Santa Cruz and the other one by the southern route, accesible by the Paron lake, located at the end of the gorge that holds the same name. This one is famous for its great icy hike of approximately 900m of slope with an inclination of 45 to 55°.
Lima – Huaraz ( A Bus transfer, Travel duration around 8 hours or 50 minutes Flight from Lima
- Day 01: Huaraz – Paron – Base Camp 4500 m
From Huaraz we will drive to the lake Paron, where we will start the hike by walking along the lake until reaching Campo Base. Approx. 4 to 5 hours
- Day 02: Base Camp – High Camp 5200 m
We will take a trail that will lead us to a ridge to go up to the moraine. Then, we will keep going to a wide glacier until we reach the camp. Approx. 4 hours
- Day 03: High Camp – Summit 6025 m
Start of the hike in the early hours of the morning by a zigzag trail in order to avoid the crevices. We will cross the crevasse, then we will climb the 950m wall until we reach the top, where we will have splendid views of Huascaran, Alpamayo, Huandoy, Pisco and others. Then we will go down with several rappels. Approx 7 to 8 hours.
- Day 04: High Camp – Huaraz
We will go down using the same route as before, until we reach the starting point where our vehicule will be waiting for us. Then, we will go back to Huaraz. Approx. 3 hours.
- Tour of Aclimatizzation
- Peruvian Mountain Guide (UIAGM / AGMP)
- Specialised cook
- Entrance to the Huascaran national park.
- First-Aid kit
- Private transport between Huaraz / start and end of trek.
- Complete meals during the trekking program
- Donkey driver
- Kitchen / dinning tent.
- Collective technical equipment
- Camping equipment
- Tent for 2 Person
- Toilette tent
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Pick-up from the station and transfer to the Hotel reserved for you in Huaraz.
- Transfers from the airport / hotel / airport - Lima
- Hotel accommodation in Lima.
- Tour of the city
- Transfer from the station to the hotel / station / hotel - Lima
- Bus ticket Huaraz / Lima,
- Hotel accommodation in accordance with tour program.
- Food and drink in Lima and Huaraz
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Personal Spending
- Personal equipment (tent, sleeping bag, backpack, harness, hiking pants, mountain jacket (goretex), hiking shoes, matraz, suitable clothing, personal medicine, crampons, ice axe, sunglasses, etc.)
Prices & Dates
Season:June - August
Dates & Prices:
From / To
00.00 - 00.00.2018
2 pax: ? per person
Photo and Video