You are here: Home / Trekking / Climbing Pisco, Chopicalqui Mountain
- Duration: 07 days
- Dificult: Easy - Moderate
- Pisco: 5952 msnm
- Chopicalqui: 6345 msnm
- Route: Route Normal
- Season:May - September
lies in Cordillera Blanca and forms a part of a mountain range called Macizo de Huandoy. It lies in the central part of Cordillera Blanca, in Yunghay province.
It became a popular mountain due to its spectacular views and an easy approach. The normal western route is ideal for acclimatization and many mountaineers use it as a finish of their trek or as a beginning to acclimate before climbing technically more challenging mountains.
is the third Huascaran peak of the massif, located in the Cordillera Blanca, between the two peaks of the Huascaran and Contrahierbas, in the Yungay province. The trail inside the valley goes around the edge of the two beautiful, with emerald-like water lakes of Llanganuco: chinacocha (Female lake) and Orconcocha (Male Lake)
Lima – Huaraz ( A Bus transfer, Travel duration around 8 hours or 50 minutes Flight from Lima
Acclimatization Churup lake
This is a very good hike for acclimatizing. From Huaraz we go by car to the village of Pitec. On the way we pass several picturesque villages, such as Unchus and Llupa.
At 3850 meter we start our easy hike up to Lake Churup with its blue colors sitting at an altitude of 4440 m underneath snow-capped Churup mountain (5495). The last 100 meter before arriving to the lake involves some scrambling over steep rocks. And then come back to Huaraz for the same way.
- Day 01: Huaraz -Cebollapampa (3850m)- Base Camp (4650m
From Huaraz, we will take a shuttle to Cebollapampa (approx. 2 to 3 hours). On the way, you will be able to appreciate amazing sights such as two beautiful lagoons: Chinancocha (lag. Hembra) and Orconcocha (lag. Macho). We will follow the Llanguna Valley to Cebollapampa. From there, we will begin the hike to Base camp, where we will camp for the night. The hike will last approx. 2 to 3 hours.
- Day 02: base camp- Summit (5752m)- Base Camp
We will start hiking at 1 am, crossing through a few moraines on the way to the glacier. Then, we will climb a slope (35°-40° of inclination) until we reach the peak, where we will be rewarded with spectacular views, such as the gigantic Chacraraju, the Artesonraju, Huandoys, Caraz, Huascaran and Alpamayo amongst others. After we will descend to Base Camp. Approx. 6 to 7 hours.
- Day 03: Base Camp - Base Camp of Chopicalqui Mountain
We descend to Cebollapampa and continue to walk until base camp.
- Day 04: Base camp (4430m) – Campo Morrena (4820m)
We will start our hike by a ridge and continuing until we reach Campo Morrena where we will spend the night. Approx. 4 to 5 hours.
- Day 05: Campo Morena - High Camp (5380m)
We will start the hike by crossing several moraines until we reach the glacier. Then, we will start the journey up to the 5380m point where we will set up camp. Approx. 4 hours.
- Day 06: :High Camp - Cumbre (6354m) - Campo Morena
We will start our hike at 1 am, ascending until we reach the ridge, before continuing onto the first wall (50m, 50-60°) and then the second wall (60m, 50-65°) (please note that the inclination varies every year). We will climb to the top where great mountain views will await us. Later, we will descend to Campo Morrena. Approx. 5 to 6 hour hike.
- Day 07: Campo Morena - Huaraz
On the last day, we will descend to the hairpin, where our ride will be waiting for us to return to Huaraz. Approx. 3 to 4 hours.
- Tour of Aclimatizzation
- Peruvian Mountain Guide (UIAGM / AGMP)
- Specialised cook
- Entrance to the Huascaran national park.
- First-Aid kit
- Private transport between Huaraz / start and end of trek.
- Complete meals during the trekking program
- Donkey driver
- Kitchen / dinning tent.
- Collective technical equipment
- Camping equipment
- Tent for 2 Person
- Toilette tent
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Pick-up from the station and transfer to the Hotel reserved for you in Huaraz.
- Transfers from the airport / hotel / airport - Lima
- Hotel accommodation in Lima.
- Tour of the city
- Transfer from the station to the hotel / station / hotel - Lima
- Bus ticket Huaraz / Lima,
- Hotel accommodation in accordance with tour program.
- Food and drink in Lima and Huaraz
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Personal Spending
- Personal equipment (tent, sleeping bag, backpack, harness, hiking pants, mountain jacket (goretex), hiking shoes, matraz, suitable clothing, personal medicine, crampons, ice axe, sunglasses, etc.)
Prices & Dates
Photo and Video